Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nova Scotia Beaches

The beaches in Nova Scotia were great. Most of the ones that I went to had no lifeguards or bathrooms or places to change, just lots of rocks, the sand and the surf. Often I would have the beach to myself, except for a couple of other people out walking their dogs. Occasionally there would be a family out playing in the sand with their kids, or a on a day when the waves were a bit rough, surfers in wet suits would show up in groups of two or three to practice their sport in the chilly waters of the north Atlantic. Most every day I would take off my shoes and walk along the edge of the water. On some days I wore my bathing suit and went further in, but only if there were other people around. And I picked up lots and lots of stones to take home. The granite there is really beautiful, and so varied in its color combinations.



No comments:

Post a Comment